• The all-new Ford Territory’s advanced technology features deliver a safe, seamless driving experience in the small SUV segment
• Driver Assist features such as Adaptive Cruise Control, BLIS®, Collision Mitigation System, Lane-Departure Warning, Rear-View Camera, Hill-Start Assist, and Front & Rear Parking Sensor make every journey a breeze
• Prototypes were tested across diverse Middle Eastern terrains and extreme summer temperatures over an 18-month evaluation period
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, December 13, 2022 – The recently launched all-new Ford Territory offers an array of advanced technologies that empower drivers to take to the road with confidence in a trailblazing new entrant for the small SUV segment.
“The all-new Ford Territory was built for young, smart, and connected customers. It has a modern design and advanced technology features that deliver a highly exciting and progressive customer experience,” said Pedro Simões, Marketing Director at Ford Middle East.
To ensure its readiness for the Middle East, Ford put the all-new Territory through its paces with an extensive evaluation journey before bringing it to the region. Three prototype vehicles with different build pedigrees were tested on diverse terrains for over 18 months – including two summer cycles (June to August) – to guarantee consistent exposure to extreme temperatures.
“With special expectations of product quality and customer experience, our customers here in the Middle East have unique preferences and the all-new Territory ticks all their boxes,” added Simões.
Advanced technology that prioritizes safety and comfort
The all-new Ford Territory is equipped with a suite of standard and available driver-assist technologies that maximize safety and enhance the driving experience. This modern technology suite has been tailor-made for Middle Eastern customers, with the option to use the control interface in Arabic.
The all-new Ford Territory was built to withstand the Middle East’s high temperatures. While the Titanium edition of the all-new Territory is equipped with a Dual Zone Climate Control System, all editions of Territory in the region are equipped with a particulate matter 2.5 (PM2.5) air cabin filter, which comes standard as an extra layer of protection for occupants against dust and allergens, always ensuring high air quality in the cabin.
Equipped with Premium Leather seats, along with cooled seats for driver and passengers on the Titanium variant, the Ford Territory has been designed to offer optimal comfort while also retaining the aesthetic of a high-end, powerful SUV.
The Territory lets drivers command the road with confidence by offering an impressive array of safety features available in Ford Co-Pilot 360:
• BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert, a standard feature includes enhanced blind spot-monitoring, offering another pair of technological eyes when performing a lane change or merging onto a freeway. If a fast-moving vehicle enters the Territory’s blind spot zone, BLIS will alert the driver via a small light in the side mirror, so they know not to change lanes.
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with a Stop-and-Go Feature, an available feature on the Titanium trim, lets drivers set a cruising speed for the all-new Ford Territory to follow while maintaining a set distance from the vehicle ahead – even coming to a complete stop if required.
• The Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) – this available feature uses both the new, wide-view windscreen-mounted camera and radar located near the front bumper to scan the road ahead for potential collisions with another vehicle, pedestrian, or cyclist directly in front of the Territory. If an imminent collision is detected, the system emits an audible and visual warning. If the driver doesn’t respond in time, the AEB system activates automatically.
In addition, the all-new Ford Territory also includes safety technologies such as Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keeping Aid (LKS), as well as a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) to ensure absolute safety for drivers and passengers.
Smart features at its core
Smart technology is at the heart of the all-new Ford Territory experience. Minimalist design touches have been applied to the center area with a large 12-inch central touchscreen, spread to the sides, incorporating either a seven-inch (Ambiente and Trend models) or 12-inch (Titanium) digital speedometer display to support the driver with easier command over all functions while ensuring they remain focused on the road. With limited physical buttons, the central console is highly appreciated by drivers for the practical experience it offers. The E-Shifter has been innovated to rotary, showing the modernity and suitability for customer tastes.
The all-new Ford Territory incorporates a host of premium features that support drivers through their daily lives while adding a touch of enjoyment to every journey with their family. These include wireless, USB type-C, and type-A charging; wireless smartphone connectivity through Apple Carplay and Android Auto; a rich audio entertainment system with six (Trend and Ambiente trims) or eight speakers (Titanium); audio controls on the steering wheel; smart keyless entry with Power Push Start; and a Hands-free Power Liftgate on the Titanium trim.
The all-new Ford Territory is equipped with an EcoBoost 1.8L engine on all versions, delivering 320Nm of max torque at 1,500-3,500rpm using moderate fuel and impressive power up to 190 hp (187 bhp). The vehicle is equipped with an advanced dual clutch seven-speed automatic transmission engineered by Magna – Ford’s long-term strategic supplier in Germany – providing smooth, responsive gear shifting with exceptional fuel efficiency compared to other SUVs in this segment. Low rolling resistance tires improve fuel efficiency further.
In the Middle East, all variants are equipped with four driving modes – Eco, Normal, Sport, and Mountain – to provide customers the ability to tailor their driving experience across a range of situations, whether driving in crowded urban areas or across the open highway on long-distance journeys.
Originally designed by the Ford Design Studio in Melbourne, Australia, the all-new Ford Territory was tested and developed in global markets. It boasts the commanding presence, craftsmanship, and spacious, flexible interior that tech-savvy customers expect.
The all-new Ford Territory is available for sale in most Ford showrooms in the Middle East.