30 min Procedure Removes Battery Without Damages or Burns
Riyadh: Surgeons in Bisha (southern Saudi Arabia) succeeded in saving a child's life after swallowing a battery.
Saudi Health reported that the child was brought to Bisha Maternity and Children's Hospital suffering swallowing and breathing difficulties.
After conducting clinical and radiological examinations, a battery was shown to be stuck in the esophagus. The patient was immediately taken into the operating room where the battery was successfully extracted laparoscopically without any complications.
According to the medical team, these operations are conducted with extreme caution due to the risk of battery explosions inside the cavity, which can result in chemical burns and could sometimes be fatal.
Posted by : Saudi Arabia,Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Meccca and Medina PR Network Editorial Team Viewed 16324 times PR Category :Healthcare & Medicine Posted on : Wednesday, November 15, 2023 5:16:00 PM UAE local time (GMT+4)
Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of SaudiArabiaPR.com.
Previous Story : Saudi Health Offers Free Influenza Vaccines via App
Next Story : Saudi SEHA Hospital & Innovation Center win International Aw...